Sunday, August 15, 2010


After weeks of contemplating whether or not to color the cross straps on my "Chloe look-a-like" sandals I decided to go for it. The thing with a DIY project like this is that if it goes wrong I would have ruined a perfectly fine pair of new shoes... Like I did that one time when I sprayed a pair of leather boots to get a patent leather look. Which probably would have worked out fine if I had done it in a couple of thin layers instead of impatiently spaying too much in one go... We will never know, but let's just say you live and learn and move on because I am very pleased with how the sandals turned out.

So this is what they looked like before:

And this is what they look like now:

I think the contrasting color does give them a depth and dimension that they were lacking before. I'm glad I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...